The COVID 19 virus or coronavirus is creating a lot of alarm in our world right now and unfortunately even the infectious disease experts are without answers since it is new. The one thing that is agreed is the danger of transmission and significant damage it is capable of producing. The health and well-being of our patients and staff will continue to be our priority. We intend to remain open and remain committed to you but we have all seen how fluid the situation is; we will update as needed.
We are making every effort to continue to provide care during this time of unknowns while protecting staff and other patients. That will mean that we will follow restrictions and must ask you to as well.
We will make every effort with scheduling to allow for privacy and minimum exposure so we need you to make every effort to be on time, meaning do not be early or late. We have always been respectful of privacy concerns but now need to allow for social distancing.
We ask that patients come alone; no children please. We will agree to allow husbands and wives/partners BUT they must meet the same health criteria.
We are asking that you help by following the health restrictions we are putting in place that are in line with the CDC recommendations.
1) If you have traveled in the past month or have been around a traveler, you should be staying at home.
We know that airline travel has allowed for a quicker spread.
2) If you have any respiratory symptoms or a fever, even low grade, you should be staying at home. We will be taking temperatures at visits.
3) If you have been exposed to someone with respiratory symptoms or a fever, you should be staying at home.
4) If you have underlying health or chronic health conditions, you should be staying at home.
5) If you have any question as to whether or not you should come, please err on the side of caution and stay home.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding and remain beside you as your partner in this journey. The most challenging change for us has been the social distancing: we want to give you the hug and emotional physical support so we sincerely hope that you continue to feel our concern and know how much you mean to us.